Mike Gable formed the roots of Hocon Gas in 1952 with the simple philosophy of providing the public an exceptional energy product and commitment to outstanding customer service. More than fifty years later, with his son David operating the company, this philosophy still defines Hocon.
Headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut, Hocon has grown to become one of the largest family owned propane supplier in the Connecticut and New York region. Our size has enabled us to provide our customers with a safe, reliable source of propane at competitive pricing.
We sell, install and service quality gas appliances and employ a professional staff to provide an outstanding level of service to you, our customer.
Click to View Our Video on Our History
- Late 1940’s
- Hocon begun by Carl Schmidt, a plumber in Darien, Connecticut.
- Mike Gable (who had come to America in 1948) buys business.
- Mike learns the business from his distant cousin, I. Katzowitz who owned Burnwell Gas in Peekskill, NY.
- Mike renames the business to Connecticut Gas Service.
- The company employed 3 people: Mike, his wife Lauree and Willis Finch.
- The business served 250 customers.
- The company joins forces with The Home Oil Corporation, creating the name Hocon.
- Mobil Oil took over and Mike bought back the assets of the propane division.
- The company has remained in the Gable Family since.
- Ralph Tirella, Sr. joins Hocon.
- Hocon installs the company’s first 18,000 gallon storage tank.
- A second storage tank was added.
- Early 1980’s Mike’s son David joined the company.
- Hocon expands to a second location in Waterbury, Connecticut.
- Adding an additional 90,000 gallons of propane storage enabled Hocon to serve an ever expanding base while source it’s propane requirements more efficiently.
- Hocon acquires a welding supply and industrial gas business.
- Hocon opens its third facility in Guilford, Connecticut.
- Hocon opens its fourth facility in Danbury, Connecticut, expanding its services into eastern New York.
- Hocon opens its fifth facility in Torrington, Connecticut to service customers in northwestern Connecticut and southwestern Massachusetts.
Today, Hocon serves well over 35,000 residential and commercial customers from its five modern locations. Throughout the decades, the unflagging desire that Mike Gable maintained when serving his 250 customer's 50 years ago remains the hallmark of our business today. Although we realize we are not perfect, it is our underlying desire to provide a level of service unmatched by any of our competitors.
We thank you for your past, present and future business.