Topar Fuel, a Hocon company, has moved. The new address is: 33 Rockland Road, Norwalk, CT 06854. The phone number is staying the same: (203) 367-5933
Hocon Gas is the Oldest Family Owned Fuel Delivery Company in the Area
Mike Gable formed the roots of Hocon Gas in 1952 with the simple philosophy of providing an exceptional energy product and commitment to outstanding customer service. This philosophy still defines Hocon, which is now under the direction of Mike’s son, David Gable.
Today, Hocon serves thousands of residential and commercial customers in Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts. Throughout the decades, the unflagging desire for excellence that Mike Gable carried with him while serving his first customers remains the hallmark of our business today.
We know we’re not perfect, but it is our mission every day to provide a level of service that’s unmatched by any of our competitors.
If you’re already a Hocon Gas customer, we thank you for your past, present and future business.
- Mike Gable (who had arrived in America in 1948) buys the business from Carl Schmidt, a plumber in Darien, CT
- Mike hones his business skills with the help of his cousin, I. Katzowitz, who owned Burnwell Gas in Peekskill, NY
- Mike renames the business to Connecticut Gas Service
- The company employs three people: Mike, his wife Lauree and Willis Finch
- The business serves 250 customers
- The company joins forces with The Home Oil Corporation, leading to a name change: Hocon
- Mobil Oil takes over but Mike buys back the assets of the propane division; the company has remained in the Gable Family ever since
- Ralph Tirella, Sr. joins Hocon
- Hocon installs the company’s first 18,000 gallon storage tank
- A second storage tank is added
- Mike’s son David Gable, joins the company
- Hocon expands to a second location in Waterbury, CT
- 90,000 more gallons of propane storage is added, enabling Hocon to serve an ever-expanding base more efficiently
- Hocon acquires a welding supply and industrial gas business
- Hocon opens its third facility in Guilford, CT
- Hocon opens its fourth facility in Danbury, CT, expanding its services into eastern New York
- Hocon opens its fifth facility in Torrington, CT. to service customers in northwestern Connecticut and southwestern Massachusetts
- Hocon opens a sixth showroom in Suffield, CT
- Hocon acquires Bouchard Fuels in Plantsville, CT
- Hocon acquires Topar Fuels in Fairfield, CT
- Hocon acquires Ron’s Family Fuels in in Plantsville, CT
- Hocon acquires Falls Fuel in Danbury, CT
- Hocon acquires Energy Resource in Milldale, CT