Five Ways To Use Propane Outdoors
Once the snow melts and the cold weather fades away, those of us in Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts love to take advantage of the sun and warmer temperatures and enjoy outdoor living as much as we can. Propane can help us fully enjoy the spring and summer months thanks to the many ways that it can be used outdoors.
Propane is a clean burning fuel that is considered safe, efficient and a smart decision financially. It is also an incredibly versatile fuel that can be used in countless different ways. In fact, it is thought of as the world’s most versatile fuel thanks to the long list of propane appliances that it can power and fuel, in addition to its ability to be installed anywhere and used without an external power source.
Using Propane Outside
Its versatility makes it a great fuel to use in your home’s outdoor space. Here are five ways to use propane outside.
- Lighting: If you’re looking for a an inexpensive alternative when it comes to outdoor lighting, consider propane gas lights. They give off the same amount of light as a 70-watt light bulb, but they are considerably cheaper.
- Grilling: Propane grills make outdoor cooking easy. Their temperature control is highly accurate and they heat up faster than charcoal grills do. Thanks to our wide selection, Hocon Gas can find the right propane grill for you and your family and we can even assemble it upon delivery.
- Heating Pools & Spas: Having a pool or spa in your home’s yard can add up, but propane pool and spa heaters can help you save on these costs as they are less expensive to run than electric pool and spa heaters. They are also eco-friendly and long lasting.
- Fire Pits: There’s nothing like a spring or summer night around a fire pit. Propane fire pits make those evenings even better since they don’t emit smoke, soot or ash. That means everyone can breathe easy while staying warm out in the yard.
- Patio Heaters: Propane patio heaters let you stay extra warm on a night outside since they give off targeted heat and allow you to turn up the temperature by about 30 degrees.
The Benefits of Propane
The benefits of propane do not stop at its versatility. Propane also happens to be:
- Environmentally friendly and efficient.
- Easily accessible considering that almost all of the propane that the U.S. uses is produced locally and that propane tanks can be installed virtually anywhere.
- Reliable in the sense that as long as your propane tank supply is up to date you never have to worry about losing power in an outage.
Hocon Gas is here to be your one-stop-shop for all the propane appliances your indoor and outdoor spaces may need. Our propane delivery services are reliable and the prices can’t be beat. We also offer our Gas on the Go propane cylinder delivery service for your propane grills. If you’re in Waterbury, Danbury, Norwalk, Guilford, Shelton, Torrington, Shelton or any of the surrounding areas in Connecticut, New York or Massachusetts we encourage you to contact us or visit one of our showrooms today!