Topar Fuel, a Hocon company, has moved. The new address is: 33 Rockland Road, Norwalk, CT 06854. The phone number is staying the same: (203) 367-5933
How Do I Choose a Propane Fireplace
Nothing beats settling in front of a warm fire on a cold New England night after a long day of work and family craziness – except doing it at the click of a button, without the cleanup hassles. You can get all those benefits and more when you install a propane fireplace.
If you’re sold on the idea of installing a propane fireplace, it’s time to thinking about how to pick the perfect one for your Connecticut home. If you dream of owning a fireplace but think it’s beyond your means, give us a call – it might be more affordable than you think!
Choosing a propane hearth: The basics
If you’re just getting started in choosing a propane hearth, here are some of the basic considerations you’ll need to take into account.
The first question you’ll have to answer when choosing a propane fire feature is what form it will take. There are two basic categories of propane hearths:
- Propane fireplaces and stoves (free-standing or wall-mounted structures that you install along a blank wall or floor); and
- Propane fireplace inserts and log sets (devices you add to an existing wood-burning fireplace to make it more efficient and convenient).
This decision is based largely on your preference, along with any space limitations you may have.
Whichever option you choose, you will have three key things to consider:
- Venting – There are three common propane hearth venting options: direct, natural, and vent-free. The one that is most practical and safe will depend on conditions in your home, local fire and safety requirements, and your budget. Our propane fireplace experts can help you choose the option that’s right for your home.
- Space – If you are using your propane hearth as a source of heat, you need to know the heating load of your space – that is, the amount of heat your fireplace needs to produce to keep the room warm. The BTU output of a gas fireplace is largely determined by size; the right hearth for your room is one that physically fits in the space while also being able to keep it warm without overworking.
- Aesthetics – Whether you choose a propane fireplace, a propane fireplace insert or log set, or propane powered pot-bellied stove, there are many trim features and options to choose from. If you need a particular look to match your décor, just ask – we’ll help you find a propane hearth that works perfectly in your space.
Our propane hearth experts can help you answer these questions and any others you might have so you can get started on the road to your dream propane fire feature!
Come home to a roaring fire at the flick of a switch this fall and winter – contact Hocon today to get started!