» New Year, New Home: Home Efficiency and Comfort Resolutions for 2019
New Year, New Home: Home Efficiency and Comfort Resolutions for 2019
The New Year is here, and with it come this year’s resolutions. Why not make a few that will make your Connecticut home life easier, safer, and more comfortable?
Here are five home comfort resolutions to make and keep for 2019:
- Get energy smart – Commit to simple lifestyle changes that will make a big difference in your home energy bills. A few ideas:
- Swap your incandescent light bulbs for LEDs
- Use your programmable thermostat to drop temps six to eight degrees at night, or when no one is home; this could save you more than 10 percent on your energy bills
- Install low-flow shower heads – this could cut hot water use in half in your showers, bath, and sinks
- Invest in insulation for your unconditioned spaces (attics, crawl spaces, etc.) and weatherization measures (caulking, weather stripping, and door sweeps) for your windows and doors
- Invest in your peace of mind – Cut stress by investing in equipment and services that make life at home easier to manage. Consider adding a high-efficiency propane space heater as a backup heat source during a power outage, for example, or sign up for a Hocon Home Comfort Plan to make sure your equipment runs reliably all year long.
While you’re at it, sign up for automatic delivery of your propane or heating oil and you will never have to think about fuel run-outs again.
- Upgrade old equipment – Routine maintenance may allow you to maximize the life of your home comfort equipment, but there will come a time when paying for a heating appliance repair no longer makes financial sense. When that time comes, take the leap and upgrade to new high efficiency equipment, which will often pay for itself in just a few years in energy savings alone.
- Treat yourself – There is nothing better than sitting by a cozy propane hearth – except possibly soaking in your propane-heated pool or spa. If you dream of making your Connecticut home a comfy, cozy castle, make it happen in 2019.
- Make it a home safe home – If you don’t have carbon monoxide detectors installed at every level of your Connecticut home, do it right away (they are required on new construction projects); these inexpensive fail-safes provide peace of mind, and could even save a life. Also consider installing propane leak detectors to prevent risks associated with propane odor loss – and be sure to review safety procedures with loved ones if you power your home with propane.
Save money and enjoy more peace of mind in 2019 – contact Hocon Gas today for expert service, reliable propane and heating oil deliveries, and top-quality equipment upgrades for your Connecticut home.