Ways Propane Autogas Can Benefit Your Business
Although propane autogas is nothing new, it is being used more and more by commercial businesses. For example, it is becoming increasingly common for fleet vehicles such as service vans, truck fleets, school buses, forklifts and mowing and lawn equipment to be fueled by propane autogas. In fact, it is the third most common vehicle fuel in the world. The gas’s growing popularity is due, in part, to how it can benefit a business.
The Benefits of Propane Autogas For Businesses
Using propane autogas can be incredibly advantageous for businesses. Let’s take a look at why and exactly how a business can benefit from propane autogas:
- Propane autogas is domestically produced. In fact, about 90% of it is made here in the United States. Therefore, it is considered a secure resource.
- Using propane autogas lowers business expenses. On average, propane autogas is 30% to 50% less expensive per gallon than retail gasoline, which can help any business cut costs. Also, vehicles that run on propane autogas tend to require less maintenance so users save on repair costs. Additionally, propane autogas users are sometimes eligible to receive government incentives that benefit them financially.
- Using propane autogas helps the environment. Propane is considered a green, clean-burning fuel that produces less pollution and emits fewer greenhouse gases than traditional diesel and gasoline. There is also less carbon monoxide and less nitrogen oxides in propane autogas. The fact that propane is clean-burning helps vehicles that are powered by propane autogas last longer – a huge plus for any business that relies on vehicles for day to day operations.
- Using propane autogas is safe. There are specific regulations and standards that propane users have to abide by and, when followed, using propane is incredibly safe. On top of those regulations, propane happens to be non-corrosive, non-toxic and non-carcinogenic. Propane tanks are also less likely to be punctured than gasoline tanks. When it comes to propane autogas specifically, vehicles that use the fuel are thoroughly tested to make sure they drive properly and can handle crashes.
- Propane autogas vehicles are dependable. Engines that are fueled by propane operate at a high performance level and you can count on them working even in tough, less than ideal weather conditions.
- Propane autogas is widely available. Propane autogas fueling stations are fairly easy to find, which means you’ll never have to spend too long searching for a refill. In fact, Hocon has its very own public propane autogas station at the Pride Travel Center that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Hocon Gas For Your Propane Autogas Needs
Hocon Gas has six locations and we proudly serve both commercial and residential customers in Norwalk, Torrington, Waterbury, Danbury, Guilford, Suffield, Shelton and surrounding towns in Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts.
We can deliver propane autogas right to you or we can help you set up your very own fueling station at your business location.
Contact us today to become a Hocon Gas customer and start receiving high quality propane services.