Choose Propane Autogas for Your School Bus Fleet
5 Advantages To Fueling Your School Buses With Propane Autogas
There are nearly 200,000 vehicles operating in the United States that are being fueled by propane, which is also referred to as Propane Autogas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). Autogas is a common choice for fleet vehicles like school buses, taxis, and police vehicles.
In fact, since the year 2012, the number of school bus fleets using Propane Autogas has increased by more than 700%. What do all those schools know? They know the benefits of Propane Autogas: It’s safe, reliable, and cost-effective. As a Hocon Gas customer, you can take advantage of these benefits too.
Here are 5 reasons to choose Propane Auto gas for your school bus fleet:
- As opposed to the harmful cloud of carcinogens produced by a diesel bus, a school bus powered by propane has significantly less harmful emissions. All your young passengers will breathe easier, especially those with asthma.
- Although a propane vehicle can cost more upfront than a gas-powered one, propane is usually less expensive than gasoline, so it won’t take long for you to come out ahead in overall cost. Furthermore, propane vehicles are comparably priced to diesel vehicles.
- Additional savings come from the fact that Propane Autogas vehicles tend to have longer-lasting engines and lower maintenance costs, which makes it a great option for getting more longevity and value out of high mileage vehicles like school buses.
- Propane engines perform better and start more consistently in cold weather, and winter is just around the corner. Sooner than later, your fleet will be transporting students to and from their New England and New York schools during the cold winter months. If you use Propane Autogas to fuel your fleet, you can have peace of mind knowing that your school buses won’t let their young passengers and families down.
- Propane engines are significantly less noisy than diesel engines. This will improve the quality of life of your bus drivers, students, and community.
If you’re considering Propane Autogas for your school bus fleet, Hocon Gas can help walk you through the next steps. We’re here to help you convert your fleet, set up a fueling station, or make arrangements for Propane Autogas delivery. We can also help you determine if you qualify for cash incentives.
With six strategic locations, Hocon Gas serves both commercial and residential customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York. Visit us online to find the branch in your area.
Contact Hocon Gas today to take advantage of our exceptional Propane Autogas service and competitive prices.