» Propane Fire Pit Types and Considerations
Propane Fire Pit Types and Considerations
Propane fire pits are the easiest way to bring the comfort of a warm fire to your outdoor space: in just a few seconds, you’ll have a consistent flame up and running, with no need to prep wood or add kindling.
With adjustable flame heights and the ability to produce ample radiant heat, your propane fire also emits no smoke or odor. That means your fire pit will not only keep you warm, but it will also allow you to stay in one place rather than moving every time a breeze blows smoke in one direction or another!
Considering these benefits and more, it’s no wonder why more people than ever are choosing propane fire pits as a focal point for their outdoor living space. The only question is, what kind of propane fire pit should you choose? Let’s take a look at five popular options.
Five Propane Fire Pit Types
There is an excellent selection of propane fire pits to choose from these days, built from a range of materials and configured in a variety of ways. Some of the most popular types of propane fire pit available today include:
- Concrete/stone fire pits – A favorite for those who want a more “natural” setting, concrete or stone fire pits offer a hassle-free experience and a simple, classic look.
- Fire bowls – This style of fire pit has become wildly popular in recent years. Durable and built from an array of materials (copper is particularly popular), these circular fire pits are easy to sit around and budget-friendly.
- Fire columns – Propane fire columns are similar to fire bowls, except that they are built on a raised surface from a variety of materials. Fire columns are a great option for smaller outdoor spaces.
- Fire tables – Fire tables create an awesome, intimate ambiance in your backyard. As the name suggests, they are simply a tabletop with a centered flame. While they don’t put out a lot of heat, they definitely up the “wow” factor of your outdoor space.
- Portable fire pits – Some propane fire pits are built to be moved, using lightweight materials and incorporating features such as wheels and handles. Same great experience, greater flexibility.
Fire Pit Shopping Considerations
If a propane fire pit upgrade seems like a great way to go for you, it’s time to whittle down your choices. How? Ask yourself these questions to narrow the field:
- What are you using the fire pit for? Is it purely for aesthetics, for heat, or for a combination?
- What kind of space do you have? Some styles of fire pit are best for intimate spaces, others are better for group gathering. Which is right for you?
- Is portability a factor? Some propane fire pits are designed to be portable, others aren’t. Which do you need?
Once you get your propane fire pit choices narrowed down, give the pros at Hocon a call – we’ll help you find the perfect propane fire pit and install it quickly and safely, so you can start enjoying it right away!
Contact us today to learn more about propane fire pits, or to learn more about propane outdoor living equipment installations in CT!