Buying a Home with Propane Heat?
Some stuff you should know
Are you planning to purchase a home in Connecticut? Have you considered buying a home with propane heat? You should. Yes, propane can power your grill, clothes dryer, water heater, and more. But the beauty of propane is its versatility. Among other things, propane is a highly efficient and affordable option for home heating.
Propane for home heating
Propane is an extremely efficient and cost-effective method for heating homes. A propane heating system has the potential to reduce your energy bills while also lowering your home’s greenhouse emissions. In fact, versus an all-electric house, one with a propane heating system can produce up to 68% less in greenhouse gas emissions. That’s an important number to factor into your home search.
Propane has its advantages
Here are some of the advantages to propane:
- Propane can be used with a furnace or a boiler.
- Propane works with both forced air and radiant heating systems—as well as with both central and zone heating.
- Especially when you choose a reputable propane company like Hocon, you can enjoy an even greater potential for reduced energy costs with propane.
- Propane is non-toxic.
- Compared to electric heat pumps, propane heaters can generate higher temperatures for a noticeably warmer and cozier home.
More about propane
If you purchase a home with propane heating, there are a few things you should know:
- You’ll need to have your propane delivered. Hocon provides reliable propane delivery in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts. We can even put you on an automatic delivery schedule so that we do all the calculating, scheduling, and planning to make sure you never run out.
- A programmable thermostat can save you money. By adjusting your thermostat to take advantage of the times everyone is out of the house or asleep, you can save even more on your energy bills.
- Replacing the pilot lights in your furnace and/or water heater with an electric lighter will reduce your propane usage (and save you money) since propane won’t be needed to keep the pilot light on.
- Propane has a great safety track record. But you should still familiarize yourself with some propane safety tips.
As you explore the New England housing market, there are a lot of reasons to consider a home that uses propane heat. And when looking for a propane provider, there are a lot of reasons to choose Hocon.
Hocon has six locations serving customers in Connecticut and parts of Massachusetts and New York. Click here to find the branch closest to you.
Contact Hocon today to take advantage of our exceptional service and competitive prices. Why Hocon? You can feel comfortable with us.