How Propane Stacks up Against Electricity
9 Reasons to Opt for Propane in Your Home
Electricity gets a lot of buzz, but there are a number of reasons to choose propane over electricity in your home. Here are nine benefits to opting for propane over electricity in your northeast home.
- Propane is cost-efficient. Appliances run on propane are extremely efficient and therefore cost less to run. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you can save $174 yearly just by using a propane water heater versus an electric one. Propane water heaters can cost anywhere between 30%-50% less to operate than electric models.
- Propane is versatile. In addition to warming your home, it can power a wide variety of appliances such as ovens, clothes dryers, and water heaters. You can use it for backyard appliances such as grills, pool heaters, and patio heaters. Add warmth and atmosphere in your outdoor space with a propane fire pit or lighting. Whether you’re looking for a BBQ grill or patio heater, Hocon Gas offers an extensive line of residential propane appliances.
- Propane is dependable. When extreme weather (or any other event) causes the electric grid to fail, your access to propane won’t be affected.
- Propane is easy to store. Propane doesn’t degrade over time and propane tanks require very little maintenance and offer a lot of longevity. You can keep one in storage for up to 40 years!
- Propane is wherever you need it. Depending on where you live, accessing the electric grid can get expensive. However, the professionals at Hocon Gas offer reliable propane delivery in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts. Regardless of weather or market conditions, rest assured that we’ll keep you supplied with all the propane you need.
- Propane gets the job done quickly. Propane water heaters work faster to heat your water than their electric counterparts. A propane water heater can produce twice the volume of hot water as an electric heater in the same time span. Propane clothes dryers can dry your laundry 25% faster than electric dryers and cause less static. Propane space heaters are also significantly more efficient than electric heaters.
- Propane is greener than you think. Propane water heaters produce roughly half the carbon emissions of electric water heaters with a storage tank. Because most of our electricity supply comes from coal-burning power plants, electricity is the second-largest greenhouse gas source in America (second only to transportation).
- Propane offers longevity. The average lifespan of a propane gas furnace is 20 years. For an electric heat pump, it’s just 14 years.
- Propane is efficient. It takes 27 kilowatt hours of electricity to produce the same amount of energy as burning one gallon of propane.
There are a lot of reasons to choose propane for your home, and Hocon Gas is here to take care of your propane needs.
Hocon Gas has six strategic locations that serve both commercial and residential customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York. Click here to find the branch closest to you.
Contact Hocon Gas today to take advantage of our exceptional service and competitive prices.