» Is There Something Wrong With Your Furnace?
Is There Something Wrong With Your Furnace?
Warning signs you shouldn’t ignore
Whether you love the cold or you’re counting the days to spring, now is a good time to think about your heating system. If it’s been more than a year since your last tune-up, schedule one as soon as possible. There are also some warning signs you should always be on the lookout for.
Some common late-season furnace problems
If you notice any of the following problems with your furnace, contact Hocon for repairs:
- Your home isn’t getting warm (enough) or as warm as it used to.
- For older furnace models: The pilot light flame is yellow in color.
- Your fuel bills have increased inexplicably.
- You hear strange sounds when your heat is running.
- Your system doesn’t turn off.
- Your system doesn’t stay on or doesn’t turn on at all.
If you notice any of the above issues, it’s time to call for repairs.
The benefits of a yearly tune-up
Even if you don’t have a problem with your furnace, you shouldn’t skip the annual tune-up. Here are five reasons annual tune-ups are important:
- You’ll enjoy lower bills. Your heating system can lose up to five percent of its efficiency every year it doesn’t receive maintenance. The more efficient your system is, the more heat you’re getting for every dollar you spend on fuel.
- You’ll have a more reliable furnace. The best way to ensure it won’t let you down this (or any) winter is to have it professionally serviced every year.
- You’ll catch problems early. In our experience, as many as 80% of heating system repairs could have been prevented with regular maintenance. Early problem detection helps avoid more serious and expensive repairs down the line.
- You’ll protect your warranty. It’s common for warranties to require annual maintenance from a qualified professional. You don’t want to risk out of pocket costs for a heating repair when your furnace should be under warranty simply because you didn’t have it serviced.
- Safety. As part of the maintenance visit, our heating experts make sure there are no problems (e.g., gas leaks) that could put your family at risk.
Hocon has six strategic locations that serve residents and companies throughout Connecticut and in parts of Massachusetts and New York. Click here to find the branch closest to you.
Contact Hocon today to schedule your next tune-up or to learn more.