Should You Switch from Heating Oil to Propane?
Five reasons propane may be right for your home
If your current oil system has begun to fail and needs to be replaced, now is a good time to weigh the benefits of replacing it or switching to propane.
Heating oil and propane each have their advantages. How do you decide which is right for you? Here are some of the benefits to choosing propane for your northeast home.
- You’ll gain efficiency. A new propane furnace is at least 90% efficient. Older oil furnaces are sometimes only 60% efficient. Switching to propane will mean you’ll get more for your dollar.
- You’ll gain valuable space in your home once you remove your giant oil furnace. Think about what you could do with that extra room!
- Propane can do more than heating oil. In addition to warming your home, it can power a wide variety of appliances such as ovens, clothes dryers, and water heaters. You can use it for backyard appliances such as grills, pool heaters, and patio heaters. It can also power your generator, giving you backup power during the power outages that often accompany severe weather events.
- Propane tanks require very little maintenance and offer a lot of longevity. You can keep one in storage for up to 40 years! It’s also highly portable, so you can take it with you when you go camping.
- Finally, propane produces significantly less emissions than heating oil. It’s smaller carbon footprint makes it the greener choice.
If you’re considering making the switch from heating oil to propane, the professionals at Hocon Gas have you covered. Schedule a home visit, and we can walk you through all your home heating options and help you decide which is best for you.
Visit us online to find the branch closest to you. Hocon Gas has six strategic locations that serve both commercial and residential customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York.
Contact Hocon Gas today to take advantage of our exceptional installation and maintenance service as well as our competitive prices.