» Do You Need A New Water Heater?
Do You Need A New Water Heater?
5 Warning Signs That It’s Time For An Upgrade
With winter on the way, your water heater is going to be putting in some overtime to keep your clothes and dishes clean, and to keep the hot showers coming.
If you have properly maintained it over the years, there’s a good change your water heater will take that overtime in stride (it it has been a while, you might want to schedule routine water heater maintenance sooner than later). If you haven’t maintained your water heater – or if your equipment is more than 10 years old – it might start offering clues that it’s on the outs.
Here are some telltale signs that your water heater is about to wave the white flag:
- Higher bills – If your energy bills are getting higher even though fuel prices haven’t budged, your water heater is probably losing efficiency – an early sign of a larger water heater problem.
- Rusty water – Water under your tank or rusty water coming from it are often signs that your water heater is corroding on the inside – a potential early warning sign of a tank failure.
- Stains on glassware – If you see new signs of hard water, such as white stains on your silverware and glassware that you weren’t getting before, it could indicate a buildup of lime in your tank – a problem that will reduce efficiency and shorten the lifespan of your water heater.
- Unusual sounds – Strange storage tank sounds usually indicate sediment build-up – a problem that eventually lead to costly water heater repairs or a premature replacement if it is not addressed.
- Age – A storage water heater (one with a tank) will last about 10 years on average, assuming it is properly maintained by a professional; once you pass the decade mark, investing in a replacement water heater usually makes more sense than repairing it.
Expert Water Heater Installations In Connecticut
If you’re experiencing these or any other problems, it could be time to replace your water heater. The experts at Hocon will help you choose a conventional or tankless propane water heater model that’s the right fit for your space, use, and budget, then install it quickly and correctly so you can get back to enjoying worry-free hot water coming from your taps and appliances.
In the market for a new water heater? We’ve got the energy-efficient, low-cost water heater options you need. Contact Hocon today for a FREE, no obligation estimate on water heater installations in Connecticut!