Why Should I Upgrade to a Propane Barbecue Grill?
May is National Barbecue Month – June, the first month of summer. That means it’s time to get grilling – especially if it’s on your propane barbecue grill.
Why switch from charcoal to propane for your Connecticut backyard or outdoor kitchen grill? Here are five key advantages of a propane barbecue grill.
- Greater convenience – Unlike a charcoal barbecue, which could take 30 minutes or more to light properly, a propane grill lights instantly, reaching the perfect cooking temperature quickly (see reason #2 below). With a propane grill, you’ll also say goodbye to lugging heavy briquette bags and ash cleanup – simply clean your grilling grates and you’re ready for the next round of outdoor cooking.
- Better control of your cooking environment – With a propane grill, you will be able to control cooking temperatures to within a few degrees – critical to making the perfect (and perfectly healthy) steak, burger, or chicken dish.
- No chemicals in your food – Toxins from charcoal briquettes and lighter fluid can easily make their way into your food; with propane, all you taste is the flavor of your delicious meats, veggies and marinades.
- Cleaner air – Because propane is cleaner-burning than charcoal, your grill will release less carbon into the air when it’s in use. Using propane will reduce flare-ups from your grill, too, which reduces smog-forming chemical emissions.
- Better taste – Food tastes better when it’s cooked the right way, and the key to that “rightness” is more control over conditions inside your grill. That control is much easier with a propane grill than it is with a charcoal barbecue (see #2 above).
Want more reasons to replace your clunky old charcoal barbecue with a new, precision control propane grill from Hocon? Visit one of our convenient Connecticut locations to view our extensive inventory of durable barbecue grills from trusted manufacturers like Weber, Napoleon, Saber, Primo and more.
Hocon carries everything from single- burner tabletop and tailgate models to large six-burner stainless- steel built-ins. Come check them out today!