Topar Fuel, a Hocon company, has moved. The new address is: 33 Rockland Road, Norwalk, CT 06854. The phone number is staying the same: (203) 367-5933
Fair propane prices, no hidden fees for your propane cylinder refill
If you use 20-pound propane tanks for grills, patio heaters or other portable heating devices, you’re welcome to bring your empty cylinder to one of our locations and one of our staff will happily refill it for you.
What to do when you arrive with your empty cylinder
- Meet our service representative outside with your tank; please do not transport it inside our service center. You can then pay for the tank refill inside and return with the sales slip. The representative will refill it for you there at our refill station.
- We fill cylinders to 85% capacity. This is because outside elements may cause the gas to expand after a refill.
- When you transport the filled propane cylinder home, you should put it on the floor of your vehicle, not in the trunk. The tank should always be in view on your ride home and standing upright. Please do not leave a filled tank inside your car for any length of time, especially in the summer.
How to safely remove and replace the portable gas cylinder on your propane grill
- Make sure your grill is turned off.
- Locate your propane cylinder; it may be behind a door (depending on how your grill is designed).
- There are two basic parts of your grill that are important when changing a propane cylinder: the cylinder’s tank valve and the grill’s pressure regulator.
- Before you disconnect the pressure regulator, make sure that the tank valve is closed (turn it all the way to the right).
- Once the tank valve is closed, unscrew the threaded pressure regulator (turn it counterclockwise). It is now safe to remove the propane cylinder (on some propane grills, the tank is held on the barbecue by a restraining bolt or screw; loosen it to remove the tank).
- To reconnect your propane tank, simply reverse the disconnection process—making sure that the tank valve is closed when you reconnect the pressure regulator. Replacement propane cylinders often come with a plastic safety cap over the tank valve assembly. Just remove this.
Propane refills for your business
While refill stations like ours are commonly used for the refueling of a residential portable barbecue tanks, Hocon has also installed many commercial refill stations for our commercial customers, including Autogas.
Please contact us or visit one of our showrooms if you’re interested in a propane tank refill from Hocon Gas.